Happy fall! Our students have been having a blast learning and meeting new people in our community. If you are interested in touring our school, look below for tour information.
For a day to day look into what is happening at our AWESOME school, follow me on Twitter at @DFESPrincipal.
Yours in education,
San Francisco Unified School District programs, activities, and practices shall be free from discrimination based on actual or perceived race, color, ancestry, national origin, ethnic group identification, age, religion, marital or parental status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or gender expression; or on the basis of a person’s association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics.
If you believe you have been discriminated against, immediately contact the school site principal and/or Executive Director of the Office of Equity, Ruth Diep, at (415) 355-7334 or email@example.com. A copy of SFUSD’s uniform complaint policy is available upon request.
2550 25th Ave.
San Francisco, CA 94116
LOCATE ON MAP »
Michelle Chang, Principal
School Hours: 7:50am-1:50pm
Visitation Days: School tours will be given on Wednesday mornings from 10:00-10:45am, beginning October 28, 2015 and ending January 2016. Sign up for a tour.
News and Announcements
DFES 4th/5th Grade Dinner Night: Friday, October 9th
This Friday, 10/9, is the 4th/5th Grade Family Dinner from 5:30pm-7pm in the Multipurpose Room.
We've invited the principal of Aptos (James Hannon) and representatives from Hoover and Giannini to answer questions about middle school. Also planned is a Middle School Panel featuring former DFES students, who will share their middle school experiences. Speakers will start at approx. 6:15pm. All family members are welcome to attend!
This year the DFES PTA will be providing yummy pizza and drinks for the occasion. Please contribute to the meal by bringing the item below that corresponds to the first letter of your last name (enough for 6-8 people):
Also, we could use some help with set-up and/or clean-up. Hope to see you there!
- A-G: salad or appetizer
- H-P: side dish
- Q-Z: fruit or low sugar dessert
DFES Picnic: Sunday, October 4th
Please join us this Sunday, 10/4, at Pine Lake @ Stern Grove (12pm-6pm) for the school picnic! The DFES Dad's Club will supply hamburgers, hot dogs, buns, condiments, and water. Bring along anything else you'd like to throw on the BBQ, as well as any drinks you'd like for your family.
Please help by supplying some yummy side dishes, according to the first letter of your last name:
- A-H: Bring a Salad
- I-P: Bring a Side Dish
- Q-Z: Bring a Dessert
... many thanks to the Dad's Club for sponsoring this wonderful event!
DFES PTA Meeting: Tuesday, September 8th
Tuesday, 9/8: Please join us to learn about the school inclusion program and how it affects all our students. Vote on the PTA budget. Learn about upcoming events and how you can get involved. We will start at 5:30pm with a potluck in the school Multipurpose Room, with the meeting starting at 6:00pm. Child care will be available in the library with our GLO staff. Hope to see you there!
GLO After-School Program Update & Enrichment Classes
Please see the document attached below for an Update re: the GLO After-School Program enrollment as well as the After-School Enrichment Classes, which are open to both non-GLO students and those is the GLO After-School Program.
AFTER-SCHOOL ENRICHMENT REGISTRATION PROCESS
DFES offers 1-hour after-school enrichment classes, with new classes each session. Families are encouraged to sign up ASAP as spots fill quickly and are given upon first come, first served basis.
We have changed our registration process to maintain equal opportunities to all families (GLO and non-GLO).
- Friday, August 21, 2015 @ 7am
Fall 2015 Enrichment Class Descriptions available to ALL DFES FAMILIES (outside GLO Office, Room 112)
- Monday, August 24, 2015 @ 9am
Fall 2015 Enrichment Class Registration Forms out to ALL DFES FAMILIES
- Tuesday, August 25, 2015 @ 7:30am (main office) after 10am (GLO Office)
COMPLETED Fall 2015 Enrichment Class Registration Forms accepted
**PLEASE NOTE: NO FORMS WILL BE ACCEPTED PRIOR TO THIS DATE IN ORDER TO ENSURE THAT ALL FAMILIES HAVE ONE DAY TO REVIEW CLASS OFFERINGS AND DETAILS.**
- Wednesday, September 2, 2015
Fall 2015 Enrichment Class Registration Forms due
- Tuesday, September 8, 2015
Fall 2015 Enrichment Classes Begin
Back to School Countdown: School Supplies, Upcoming Events & Dates
Please join us in kicking off the new school year:
- School Supplies: If you're interested in donating supplies for your child's classroom (or the main office), please see the grade level supply donation lists attached below and bring items to the first day of school unless otherwise noted. Thank you!
- Classroom Assignments – Thursday, 8/13: Stop by the school lobby to find out your child’s teacher and room number.
- New Family Orientation – Thursday, 8/13, 5pm-6:30pm @ DFES Multipurpose Room: Come learn about your child's new school, meet your child's teacher, and get to know other families from your child's class!
- New Family Playdate – Saturday, 8/15, 9:30am-11am @ DFES yard. Come and play, plus meet new families & friends.
- First Day of School! – Monday, 8/17 @ DFES yard: Drop-off begins at 7:30am. School starts promptly at 7:50am (it’s early, so don’t be late!) and pick-up is at 1:50 pm.
- Kiss ‘n Cry Breakfast – Monday, 8/17, 8am-9am @ DFES Multipurpose Room. After school officially starts at 7:50am, please join us to meet & mingle, and enjoy refreshments provided by the DFES PTA.
(For families of registered students)
Support Our School!
EAT, SHOP and SUPPORT
See all of the ways to support DFES while you dine and shop.
Stop, Drop & Go Traffic Schedule
DFES Classroom Traffic Duty Schedule:
Thank you for helping keep our students and school safe!
Volunteers are needed from 7:20am–8:00 am.
Nov 23-24: Mr. Cid (1st)
Nov 30 - Dec 4: Ms. Lane (1st)
Dec 7-11: Ms. Foerschler (1st)
Dec 14-18: Ms. Hom (1st)
Login (Webmasters, Contributors)