Welcome new and continuing community members to the 2015-2016 school year! I look forward to celebrating the start of our 10th year in operation and working closely with your family to support your child's learning. Please make sure you check our website for important dates and information.
For a day to day look into what is happening at our AWESOME school, follow me on Twitter at @DFESPrincipal.
Yours in education,
2550 25th Ave.
San Francisco, CA 94116
LOCATE ON MAP »
Michelle Chang, Principal
School Hours: 7:50am-1:50pm
Visitation Days: School tours will be given on Wednesday mornings from 10:00-10:45am, beginning November 6, 2014 and ending January 2015. Sign up for a tour.
San Francisco Unified School District programs, activities, and practices shall be free from discrimination based on actual or perceived race, color, ancestry, national origin, ethnic group identification, age, religion, marital or parental status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or gender expression; or on the basis of a person’s association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics.
If you believe you have been discriminated against, immediately contact the school site principal and/or Executive Director of the Office of Equity, Ruth Diep, at (415) 355-7334 or email@example.com. A copy of SFUSD’s uniform complaint policy is available upon request.
News and Announcements
GLO After-School Program Update & Enrichment Classes
Please see the document attached below for an Update re: the GLO After-School Program enrollment as well as the After-School Enrichment Classes, which are open to both non-GLO students and those is the GLO After-School Program.
AFTER-SCHOOL ENRICHMENT REGISTRATION PROCESS
DFES offers 1-hour after-school enrichment classes, with new classes each session. Families are encouraged to sign up ASAP as spots fill quickly and are given upon first come, first served basis.
We have changed our registration process to maintain equal opportunities to all families (GLO and non-GLO).
- Friday, August 21, 2015 @ 7am
Fall 2015 Enrichment Class Descriptions available to ALL DFES FAMILIES (outside GLO Office, Room 112)
- Monday, August 24, 2015 @ 9am
Fall 2015 Enrichment Class Registration Forms out to ALL DFES FAMILIES
- Tuesday, August 25, 2015 @ 7:30am (main office) after 10am (GLO Office)
COMPLETED Fall 2015 Enrichment Class Registration Forms accepted
**PLEASE NOTE: NO FORMS WILL BE ACCEPTED PRIOR TO THIS DATE IN ORDER TO ENSURE THAT ALL FAMILIES HAVE ONE DAY TO REVIEW CLASS OFFERINGS AND DETAILS.**
- Wednesday, September 2, 2015
Fall 2015 Enrichment Class Registration Forms due
- Tuesday, September 8, 2015
Fall 2015 Enrichment Classes Begin
Posted by: Sandy Wong
Back to School Countdown: School Supplies, Upcoming Events & Dates
Please join us in kicking off the new school year:
- School Supplies: If you're interested in donating supplies for your child's classroom (or the main office), please see the grade level supply donation lists attached below and bring items to the first day of school unless otherwise noted. Thank you!
- Classroom Assignments – Thursday, 8/13: Stop by the school lobby to find out your child’s teacher and room number.
- New Family Orientation – Thursday, 8/13, 5pm-6:30pm @ DFES Multipurpose Room: Come learn about your child's new school, meet your child's teacher, and get to know other families from your child's class!
- New Family Playdate – Saturday, 8/15, 9:30am-11am @ DFES yard. Come and play, plus meet new families & friends.
- First Day of School! – Monday, 8/17 @ DFES yard: Drop-off begins at 7:30am. School starts promptly at 7:50am (it’s early, so don’t be late!) and pick-up is at 1:50 pm.
- Kiss ‘n Cry Breakfast – Monday, 8/17, 8am-9am @ DFES Multipurpose Room. After school officially starts at 7:50am, please join us to meet & mingle, and enjoy refreshments provided by the DFES PTA.
Posted by: Sandy Wong
DFES PTA Meeting: Thursday, May 21st
Please join us on Thursday, 5/21 for our final PTA meeting of the year. This meeting will focus on the 2015-16 PTA budget. Come review the draft budget, have your say in how the PTA will approach the next school year, and vote on the budget. Note that this is a change in date for the meeting (previously scheduled for 5/13).
Or just come to celebrate the end of another fabulous year at DFES!
We will plan to start at 5:30pm in the Multipurpose Room with a potluck, then start the meeting at 6pm. We will coordinate with GLO to provide child care.
Thank you for your continued support of DFES, and for making this a wonderful year at an excellent school!
Posted by: Sandy Wong
(For families of registered students)
Support Our School!
EAT, SHOP and SUPPORT
See all of the ways to support DFES while you dine and shop.
Stop, Drop & Go Traffic Schedule
DFES Classroom Traffic Duty Schedule:
Thank you for helping keep our students and school safe!
Volunteers are needed from 7:20am–8:00 am.
Aug 24 - 28: Mr. Zucchi (5th)
Aus 31 - Sep 4: Mr. McMahon (5th)
Sep 8 - Sep 11: Mr. Simmons (4th/5th)
Sep 14 - 18: Ms. Harrington (4th)
Sep 21 - 25: Ms. McCullough (4th)
2014-2015 Stop, Drop & Go Schedule
Login (Webmasters, Contributors)